Sturdy Polystore Pellet Storage Tank- 3 Tonne
The Polystore can be used for the storage of wood pellets for heating or for animal feed pellets.
Volatile oil prices as well as an increased environmental awareness have brought carbon neutral bio fuels such as wood and miscanthus pellets to the fore. Wood pellets are a clean, safe source of renewable energy. Their high energy density makes them more efficient than most fossil fuels.
The Sturdy Polystore Pellet Storage Tank- 3 Tonne ensures that its contents remain dry for the entire storage cycle. The tank can be filled by a delivery truck using the cam fitting provided and a second cam fitting allows a dust filter to be fitted. It can also be filled manually. If greater capacity is required the units can be modularised. They align side by side and allow an auger to run through the extraction area. An internal rubber baffle prevents the pellets from being damaged when bulk filling. A mushroom vent on the Polystore roof prevents the build up of moisture by allowing any warm air to escape keeping the stored material dry.
The pellet unit is manufactured for vacuum, auger and manual extraction.
- Overall Diameter: 2750mm
- Overall Height: 2280mm
- This tank comes with two 4″ Cam Fittings as standard. One is the delivery inlet while the other accomodates a sock filter during delivery to catch dust particles.
- Each tank is fitted with a 2″ Mushroom vent to prevent the build up of condensation within the tank during storage by allowing warm air to escape.
- The tank has been tested to hold 3 tonnes of wood pellets, however this capacity may change slightly depending on the density of the material being stored (i.e. grains, feeds, nuts, etc.).
- The standard extraction method is done manuallly by operating a butterfly valve. However if you are considering using an auger or vacuum extraction method then we can assemble the tank without the butterfly valve. This will only be done at the customers request.
- The tank is manufactured from UV Stabilised Medium Density Polyethylene.
- The U.V. Stabiliser has a rating of 12 (i.e. Heat Stabilised, Good Colour Retention, and Long Life Expectancy).
- The colour is dry-blended into the material.
- The weight of this product is approximately 210kg when empty.
- Further details to follow
- Please click here to see the current warranty for this product.
- The Polystore Pellet Storage Tank – 3 Tonne is manufactured in an ISO 9001:2000 Certified production unit.
- Sturdy Products Ltd is currently in the process of upgrading from an ISO 9001:2000 to the new 9001:2008 standard.
- We will post our new certificate on our website upon receipt.
- Please bear with us while we make this change.